WHY JOIN US?
We are a top-tier group of genuinely nice, motivated people. With bold ideas, we are dedicated to bringing transformational change to the architectural environment. Our culture allows people to do their best work by fostering cross-collaboration and continuous ideation. Success is created and celebrated by our teams and stakeholders in an environment where no one faces a challenge alone.
Lessard Design is looking for a Project Architect, this employee is responsible for the optimal technical and financial performance of their assigned project. Develop and implement Project Schedule and budget, promote effective client communications, and negotiate addendums and change orders.
- Schedule of “deliverables” including description, due dates, standards of acceptance (i.e., number of revisions) and any additional information/documentation required in reports
- Project start and completion timeline
- Provide documentation and any other required information to initiate and administer a project. This includes appropriate architectural and administrative staff data for generating a project number, task codes, etc.
- Develop all work scopes and prepare working budgets for projects, subcontracts, and all related addendums for submittal to Associate Principal or Principal, as appropriate
- Develop a Project Schedule and Budget for each project assignment, secure approval, and manage project staff, subcontractors, and resources
- Prepare monthly Project Status Reports on the project’s financial status, technical progress, and schedules
- Assist in contract negotiations and budgets (consistent with company policies).
- Function as main communications conduit for clients regarding project requirements and communicate the information to all team members throughout the project’s duration
- Perform project and quality control reviews to assure that the project exceeds client expectations
- Assist C.A. Group in reviewing and approving shop drawings, answer field questions and dispose all RFI’s, FC’s and CO’s
- Mentor team staff, provide technical assistance and serve as resource to the staff-at-large in specific areas of expertise
- Review all invoices for accuracy and contract compliance (project/contract number, address, format, content, etc.) and ensure that invoices are properly submitted
- Document and obtain all necessary change orders and addendums, in a timely manner.
- Deliver projects within budgets at or above initial profit estimates
- Develop new business with assigned clients and participate as requested in proposal development and presentations
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCES
- Education: Bachelor of Architecture, or equivalent
- Experience: Recommend 7 years minimum in Architecture
- License: Recommended
- Software Proficiency: Advanced skills in REVIT, MS Office required, Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus
- Building Type: Wood-framed & steel mixed-use high-density
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Health Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-annual Bonus Program
- Professional Development Program
- Design Competitions
- Mentorship Program
- Professional Licensure Assistance (Lessard ARE Study Group which includes NCARB – approved Black Spectacles Access, Lunch & Learns)
- Social Events & Team Building (Happy Hours, Holiday Party, Potlucks)