WHY JOIN US?
We are a top-tier group of genuinely nice, motivated people. With bold ideas, we are dedicated to bringing transformational change to the architectural environment. Our culture allows people to do their best work by fostering cross-collaboration and continuous ideation. Success is created and celebrated by our teams and stakeholders in an environment where no one faces a challenge alone.
Lessard Design is looking for an enthusiastic creative genius. The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and problem-solving abilities. We are looking for an Architectural Designer to work within our Vienna, VA office.
- Generate new concepts and create fresh ideas on a variety of project types to meet client requirements.
- Prepare concept design, schematic design and design development.
- Work collaboratively with the Design Leadership in establishing format, drawing assignments, deliverable and schedules.
- Function as a conduit between conceptual design process and architectural implementation.
- Reap the rewards of excellent work!
- Work with developer-based architecture.
- SD Phase experience.
- Learn LDI standards, job folder organization and drawing file setup.
- Attend meetings as required.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS), preferably in Architecture or related field.
- 5+ year’s exp. in Multi-Family, International, Mixed-Use Related Projects.
- A Professional degree in architecture, design or related discipline.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, 3-D Modeling, 3-D Studio Max, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) SketchUp. freehand rendering is a plus.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated personality to take on projects and assignments without the need for the micromanagement of a supervisor.
- Free hand sketching is a requirement.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Health Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-annual Bonus Program
- Professional Development Program
- Design Competitions
- Mentorship Program
- Professional Licensure Assistance (Lessard ARE Study Group which includes NCARB – approved Black Spectacles Access, Lunch & Learns)
- Social Events & Team Building (Happy Hours, Holiday Party, Potlucks)