Lessard Design is seeking a Controller who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage our accounting and finance team on a day-to-day basis. The position reports to the CFO and works closely senior management team.
Candidates will need to demonstrate leadership skills with ability to succeed in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and the ability to motivate others – all while maintaining strong working relationships with internal staff, clients and outside consultants.
Position responsibilities include the management of a staff team of five individuals, financial statements and management reporting, planning, analysis, project accounting, billing and collections, cash flow and budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial reporting for Lessard Design and its affiliated companies of 10 + partnership and corporate entities
- Create project budgets to analyze profitability and investment risk
- Prepare all tax schedules for external tax accountants and manage the relationship to ensure the timeliness of all tax filings
- Supervise staff team of five
- Manage payroll, job cost, cash flow, long term projections, insurance coverage, and project accounting
- Other responsibilities and task as needed
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well with senior managers – deadline oriented
- Self-motivated and high energy with sense of urgency and desire to help build a successful financial and administrative infrastructure necessary for aggressive growth
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitability, and timely results on assigned projects
- Strong analytical skills and “service” orientated, takes time to understand requests, determine information necessary and provide in an organized manner with recommendations where appropriate
- Strong billing and collections track record
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS), preferably in, finance or accounting
- 10 + years’ experience in a financial management position preferably in a professional services environment
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office required, with strong excel skills
- In Office position (PPE station, social distancing and mask in office)